Relationships and Sexuality Education Consultancy
As a Relationships and Sexuality Education (RSE Wales)/ Relationships and Sex Education (England) specialist, Judith has vast experience in providing expert advice and guidance for:
- Pre-school settings
- Primary, secondary and special schools’ senior management teams
- Class teachers and support staff
- RSE lead teachers
- Local authorities
- Education consortia
- Health professionals and associated agencies.
Judith’s expertise has enabled schools to establish whole school high quality inclusive, holistic, rights and gender equity based RSE.
Judith has produced various useful guidance and planning documents to assist schools in planning, developing and producing a whole school, pupil-led RSE teaching programme.
Guidance and planning documents for schools include:
- An useful infographic ‘The Journey to Mandatory RSE Status’ which illustrates whole school planning processes.
- Exemplar RSE policy for primary, secondary and special schools.
- An RSE Audit Tool for schools to have a clear understanding of present provision and identify areas for future developments.
- Primary and secondary learners’ consultation activities to provide learners with opportunities to voice their opinion on the schools’ RSE teaching and learning programme.
- Primary and secondary RSE whole school schemes of work. The themes within the schemes of work have been mapped against the descriptions of learning within the Areas of Learning, Curriculum for Wales Guidance 2020. The learning outcomes within the schemes of work are based on the UNESCO 2018 International Technical Guidance on Sexuality Education.
- PowerPoint presentation for sharing information with the Governing Body.
- PowerPoint presentation for sharing information with parents/carers.
- Information sharing leaflet for parents/carers.
Detailed lesson plans on:
- Appropriate and inappropriate touching
- Diverse families and appreciate differences
- Healthy and unhealthy relationships
- Personal hygiene
- The main organs of the body including the reproductive organs
- How to keep healthy during adolescence - smoking prevention, alcohol prevention, promoting self-esteem
- Defining and Exploring LGBTQ+ attitudes and prejudice
- Sexual orientation and gender identity
- Healthy relationships based on mutual respect and equality
- Cultural harming practice (Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting)
- Sexual consent
- Condom demonstration
- Sexually transmitted infection
Bespoke Education Resources
As a specialist in RSE Judith has wide experience in researching and creating bespoke resources for primary, secondary and special school sectors.
A free consultation is offered to discuss your requirements, you are welcome to contact Judith by e-mail.
You may commission a bespoke in-house training programme tailored to suit your learning needs. This option can allow flexibility and is seen as a cost-effective way of maximizing learning. You are welcome to contact Judith to discuss your requirements by e-mail.